Today, I am sharing one of my all-time favorite recipes – Zucchini and Onions. This is one of my go-to recipes when I am looking for something filling to round out dinner. The basic recipe below can be doctored up anyway you like it… throw in some crumbled bacon or garlic for a more robust taste. Even some tomatoes sauteed with the zucchini and onions would be a nice addition. Are you ready for this versatile, delicious recipe? Let’s go!
Zucchini and Onions
- 1 large zucchini sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 large sweet onion sliced and rings separated
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- Drizzle oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Allow to warm slightly.
- Arrange zucchini and onion slices in an even layer over bottom of skillet.
- Saute for approximately 8 minutes, stirring occasionally - or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.