This delicious Zesty Chicken recipe has got to be the best chicken I have had in a long time – moist, tender, and yummy. It is a twist on a recipe I found in an old Simple & Delicious magazine from August 2006. I made it my own with a few tweaks and it is definitely a keeper. We ate it “straight up,” but next time I am thinking about throwing it in a wrap or on a bun with all the toppings and making a sandwich out of it. What do you think?
A delicious recipe for chicken that can be used as a marinade or a sauce, and then grilled or baked. The chicken comes out moist and tender and yummy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil OR prepared oil and vinegar dressing*
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- To use as a marinade: combine all ingredients, including chicken, in a large zipper bag. Toss to mix/coat. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Discard marinade and bake or grill chicken.
- To use as glaze:
- Bake chicken, covered, at 425 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to incorporate.
- Spoon or brush glaze onto chicken. Recover and return to oven.
- Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes, or until juices run clear.
*When making this recipe, I used a Vidalia Onion and Vinegar dressing and it was delicious. Zesty Italian or regular Italian dressing would be perfect also.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Want more delicious recipes?Follow @MiniVanDreams!