My You’re a Lifesaver Thank You card was an idea born out of a VBS decoration that I had made. The theme last year was “Under the Sea” and our classroom was the inside of the submarine. I made life rings out of paper plates, red construction paper, and twine. I thought it would make a great Thank You card, so I set about creating one to enter into the fair. Here is what I came up with – a simple to make, nautical themed thank you card that is perfect for everyone!
You’re a Lifesaver Thank You Card
11.5″ x 4.25″ white card stock
4″ x 6.25″ blue and white striped paper
4″ x 4″ white pearl paper
Scraps, red card stock
8″- 10″ jute twine
Scrap, narrow white ribbon
1 anchor embellishment (I used a pendant from the jewelry section)
Scrap, white card stock OR 8.5″ x 11″ white card stock
6 pop dots
Circle dies and cutting machine, optional
- Fold 11.5″ x 4.25″ card stock in half to form card, crease well.
- Adhere blue and white striped paper to the center front.
- Using circle dies or scissors, cut life preserver from white pearl card stock.
- Lay red scraps on life preserver and trim to fit for stripes. Adhere evenly around circle.
- Attach one end of twine to back of life preserver. Wrap loosely around circle. Adhere other end and trim, if needed.
- Using 4 pop dots, attach life preserver to top of card as shown.
- Loop or tie narrow ribbon around hole in embellishment. Attach to bottom left of card.
- Hand print “You’re a lifesaver… Thank you!” on the white card stock scrap or type in a word document program and print on the 8.5″ x 11″ white card stock.
- Trim sentiment, if needed. Attach to bottom right of card with remaining 2 pop dots.