I came across this recipe for Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins in my recipe box this weekend and thought I’d share. These muffins are delicious and sweet – they don’t taste healthy at all! In fact, the twins think they are cupcakes! Pair this with some yogurt in the morning, and you are out the door!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup all-natural applesauce
- 1 pint blueberries washed and picked over
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, egg, milk and 1/2 cup applesauce until smooth.
- Slowly, add liquid mixture to flour mixture, stirring continuously.
- Continue stirring until just moistened. (Note: you might have to add an additional 1/4 cup of applesauce - the batter should be thick, similar to brownie batter).
- Gently, fold in blueberries until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups or liners, filling them approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins at 400 degrees, until golden brown - approximately 20 minutes.
- The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition calculated using My Fitness Pal's recipe calculator and ingredients used. Please recalculate nutrition with your specific ingredients.