Happy Wednesday! Of course, it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. So, read on for my Hodgepodge answers for this week. Today, I am getting the opportunity to do something really cool that I will be able to share with you later this month! I am interviewing Dr. Catizone, the executive director of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Foundation, about prescription drug abuse by children and teens. I will be sharing the interview later this month! Cool, right?
For now though, let’s get to some Hodgepodge fun!
1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can’t answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?
If you ask my kids, I am always doing something foolish. I always told myself if I had kids, that I wanted them to remember me as the fun and crazy mom. You know, when I am dead and gone, they will remember the crazy stuff I did and laugh. So, I am constantly doing off the wall stuff to make them laugh.
2. What’s the last biography or non-fiction book you’ve read? Was it any good?
Dave and Suzanne’s Big Frickin’ Canadian Motorcycle Adventure by David Moore. It tells the true story of Dave and Suzanne’s trip to Canada on the back of their new motorcycle. I laughed so hard I had tears. This is a MUST read. “Read this book or else the moose gets it.” Signed, the Bear.
3. Garlic-friend or foe? What’s your favorite dish made with garlic?
Friend. I pretty much put garlic in everything. Really.
4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person…The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets?
I would have to say The Skagit Tulip Festival. I love tulips in the Spring.
5. How do you choose which blogs to read? What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, ‘eh, think I’ll skip this one and move on to the next’?
I have my blog-friends that I read regularly, but usually when I find new blogs to read, they have to be pleasing to the eye, not too crowded with buttons and ads and other stuff, I hate pop ups – so, if the Facebook or newsletter subscribe pops up, I immediately find some other blog to read.
6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math?
About 5 minutes ago. I’m an accountant and its month end.
7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1…choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday.
Antagonstic. How’s that for a word?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Random thought. Random thought. So, I ordered this new purse from Emilie M handbags. I got it, and literally had to cut off strings where the stitching was coming unsewn. After a week or so, the rubber sealing on the straps was coming off in chunks. I contacted them and they gave me an RMA number and a shipping label. I shipped the purse back to them at the beginning of March. I have yet to receive my refund. I have called them several times. No one answers. I have emailed them several times. No one responds. I have contacted them on Twitter like they suggest. No one answers. I contacted the Better Business Bureau where they are located and THEY couldn’t even get a response and closed the case. So, if you are in the market for a new purse or wallet, even though Emilie M is considered the “in” thing right now, Buyer Beware. I have since contacted my bank about this and will receive my disputed charges back in a few days. This is absolutely unbelievable that a company would treat a customer like this.