1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758….besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
I do own a couple of dictionaries. It depends on where I am when I need to look up a word– if I am at work, I use the online versions. If I am at home, I usually use the “real” version– just because I am one of those weirdo people that love the smell of books. I remember going to the library and looking up words in this huge, massive dictionary on its own podium. The paper was super-thin, almost like a Bible. I digress… as usual… it must more fun and satisfying to look them up manually because you discover other words while you are looking.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
Okay, this is a touchy subject with me. See my previous post. I think everyone should be allowed to celebrate what they want, when they want, as long as no one gets hurts or harms anyone in the process. Enough said.
3. What’s your favorite ‘dog’ movie?
Wow…. hmmmm….uhhhh…. Does 101 Dalmations count? I hated Lassie.
4. When were you last somewhere you’d describe as ‘too quiet’?
Last Friday night, Nana and I were scrapbooking at Church with a couple other ladies. We didn’t get done until 1:30 am… let me tell you, a dark church in the middle of the night is pretty quiet. Too quiet.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
Definitely a messy cook. I don’t clean as I go and usually my hubby swoops in behind me and cleans before I get a chance to. Sometimes I wonder if I have three arms… I’ve been cooking and he reaches in to wipe up messes off the stove which is SOOOOO annoying!
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
When I heard, I actually said “are you kidding me?” I think its cool and crazy all in one. I am definitely adventurous. Let me put it to you this way… if John Force called me right now and said he was putting me into his funny car this weekend. I wouldn’t bat an eye.
7. What’s not a word but should be?
Who comes up with these questions?! Probably my favorite non-word is “whatchadoin.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve been waiting for this question all week! LOL. As a “FRIEND” who doesn’t read my blog… you have no right to comment on it, question it, or talk about it to other people in a derogatory way. Perhaps if you read it… you’d understand.