Wednesday Hodgepodge means it is one day closer to the weekend! Woo hoo! It has been a long week and I am glad we are half way through. So, of course… we’d love if you’d join us for the Hodgepodge! Jump over to visit Joyce and get the questions, then answer them and link up! Then, share some neighbor love! Ready, here we go!
1. Is school back in session where you live? Is everyone in person or does your system still offer a virtual option? Are kids wearing masks?
School is back in session in some schools near us. My kids don’t go back until Tuesday. We are only in-person. Masks are not required in our school district, except on the school buses. They are suggested though.
2. Something you still do ‘old school’?
I have pen pals and I write letters on paper. So, I write my friends “old school” letters – with envelopes and stamps. It blows my kids’ minds.
3. One lesson you’ve learned in the ‘school of life’?
Don’t. Trust. Anyone.
4. When you were in school did you pack a lunch or buy a lunch? Your favorite thing to see on the lunch menu or inside your lunchbox back in the day?
I did both. I always loved when my dad packed my lunch because he would always pack delicious things. Once, I had a detention during lunch and it was unfair. We had to eat our lunch and then sit with our heads down. My dad packed me a sandwich, jerky, sweets… all kinds of things that I could munch on slowly so I didn’t have to sit with my head down. But, on pizza day, I always bought! Our school had those little square pizzas that were amazing.
5. August is National Family Fun Month. Tell me something fun you’ve done this month.
Mom and I went to St. Joseph in Michigan for my cousin’s vow renewal. We had a lot of fun and the Bed and BReakfast we stayed in was amazing! (Shout out to Duncan House!) One of these days, I need to get there to play tourist and not be involved in events that leave little time for exploring!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My wonderful boyfriend bought me some super cool gifts for my birthday… and I really want to go home and build my Legos and lighthouse puzzle. But, alas, I have to work. Hopefully, tonight!