Hello! Happy Wednesday! Welcome to Wednesday Hodgepodge – that fun, random question blog hop that Joyce hosts over at From this Side of the Pond. Grab the questions, answer them, and link up! We’d love to hear what you have to say!
1. What are some memories you associate with spring?
Spring was always when we would start getting our camper ready to go for the season. Spring also reminds me of helping my grandpa plant his garden and get his flowers ready. Spring was also when dad and I would start getting the race car ready for the racing season.
2. April showers bring May flowers…was that saying proven true where you live? Snapdragons, anemones, carnations, lilacs, sweet peas, tulips, lily of the valley, orchids, roses, gardenias…which one on that list is your favorite May bloom?
I was rather surprised we didn’t have as much rain as we usually do in April. But, then again, we are all sitting here with bated breath for the return of the …dun dun dun dunnnnnn… the cicadas. UGH. I am not leaving the house for a month when they return. Of the flowers on the list, lilacs are my absolute favorite.
3. What are your top three distractions and how do you deal with them?
My kids, my cell phone, and housework. It is hard working from home – even at 12, my kids don’t understand that I cannot drop everything to help them when I am in a meeting or on a call. But, for the cell phone, I usually put it on vibrate and lay it on my bed out of reach (my desk is in my bedroom). That way, if someone from work calls, I can see it ring but it isn’t easy for me to reach for. Housework is a lost cause. I tend to start doing stuff when I get up from the desk… so, I try to do little spurts of cleaning.
4. Do you eat beef? In the course of a week, how often is beef on the menu? A hamburger, steak, prime rib, or a roast beef dinner…which beef entree would you choose and yes you have to choose. Unless you’re a vegan, and then you may pass.
I do eat beef. I would say beef is on the menu at least twice a week. We eat a lot of chicken because only one of my kids likes red meat. Yikes… if I had to choose it would be definitely prime rib with horseradish. Mmmmmm.
5. In what way were you creative during the month of April?
I made several ATCs in the month of April. Here are some:
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow, I am going back to the office for the first time since our big merger at work. I have been assigned to do the budget for a group of partially my old team and part of a team coming in. Most of my team has been relocated to various areas in the plant. However, I will be sitting with my accounting group in a brand new area. I feel like a kid going to school for the first day… I am sooooo nervous. I have never even been in this building before. I do have co-workers from my old division that will be there, but it still feels like I am walking into a new school in the wrong clothes.