Happy Wednesday – from what seems like the millionth Wednesday since “stay at home” was the new thing. Most of the time, I am cool with it… I was an 80’s latch key kid. I got this. Then other times, I get what my family calls the “heebie jeebies” and just want to go DO something! Ya know?
Well, it IS Wednesday, so of course, that means it is time for everyone’s favorite blog hop! If you want to play along, head over to grab the questions from Joyce and join in on the fun! Let’s go!
1. It’s Mickey Mouse’s birthday (November 18)…happy birthday Mickey! He reads here, right? Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They’re open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?
I have been to Disney and MGM Studios. I am not a huge fan of Disney… its just not my thing. However, I am READY to head down to see Harry Potter World! I am not sure I would head anywhere like that right now… too many germs, not enough people who wash their hands (eeewwww). Maybe after this was all over, if I had the time and money, I would head down to visit.
2. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more churchmouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?
I am not sure I am ever quiet as a church mouse! However, listening to the waves hit the sand in the silence of the morning makes my soul be still for a moment… so, I guess the beach is where I would go. I am not sure I could be described as Mighty Mouse… maybe something in between… I think my personality is more like Jerry (from Tom and Jerry.)
3. The day before Mickey’s birthday happens to be National Homemade Bread Day. Did/will you celebrate? Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What’s your favorite kind of bread?
Okay… I didn’t know there was such a thing as National Homemade Bread Day. I did not celebrate. I haven’t mastered the bread making yet. I can never get the whole yeast thing figured out. We get homemade bread from a local store here in town… it will be hot out of the oven when we get it and it takes everything I have to keep the kids out of it until we get home. Hmmmm. my favorite bread. I would have to say banana nut bread with nuts. (As in, if B.S. is reading this, I am ready for another shipment….) Warm, with butter.
4. What’s something you might say is ‘the greatest thing since sliced bread‘?
I say this ALL. THE. TIME. Probably the latest thing I have said it about is my Kwik Kip for quilting. This is a game changer. When you make your “sandwich” for quilting, and start putting in the safety pins, my fingers start hurting after awhile… but this tool takes the brunt of the safety pins and makes it SOOOOOO east to close them. I even use it to open them back up.
5. Let’s keep the gratitude theme we started last week rolling on through November. Share with us five little things you’re grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Gotta keep us thinking, right?
Yikes…. let’s see. Tobasco, Tacos, Turtles, Tablespoons, and Tweezers. lol! Okay, that was the most random list ever!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I cannot believe it is almost Thanksgiving! I swear, it was just last Thanksgiving. I am not even sure what we are going to do. We were supposed to meet my cousin and his new wife and her parents in Indiana for a mini-holiday overnight, but we decided to cancel with all the increase in Covid cases. So, now I have to figure out what we are going to do here at home… wish me luck!