Happy Wednesday! It has been awhile since I have done a Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you have never joined in on the random question fun – hop over and visit Joyce to grab the questions, answer them on your blog and link up! Simple as that! Ready? Let’s go!
1. It’s that time of year again…time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they’d like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, or general uselessness) in 2018. You can read more about the decision making process and word meaning here, but this year’s top vote getters are-
unpack, dish (as in dish out the latest rumor), pre-owned, onboarding/offboarding, nothingburger, let that sink in, let me ask you this, impactful, Cofefe, drill down, fake news, hot water heater (hot water doesn’t need to be heated), and gig economy
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you’d like to add?
I would have to say onboarding/offboarding. They use those terms at work and it makes me crazy. I always think to myself “are they getting on a board?” The one I would add is “peanut butter spread.” As in, “peanut butter spread that invoice.” (Allocate it evenly to various departments.) It makes my eye twitch whenever someone at work uses it.
2. What’s something you need to get rid of in the new year?
Clutter. I am trying to work on it. My house is super cluttery and it makes me nuts.
3. Where do you feel stuck?
I don’t know. lol.
4. January is National Soup Month. When did you last have a bowl of soup? Was it made from scratch or from a can? Your favorite canned soup? Your favorite soup to make from scratch on a cold winter’s day?
We had soup Christmas eve. It was from a can, with a grilled cheese sandwich. It was pretty good. My favorite soup is Campbell’s tomato soup. On a cold winter’s day, I like making vegetable soup from scratch. With some crusty bread. Yum.
5. Tell us one thing you’re looking forward to in 2018.
Continuing on with the MacroEd program and losing weight. It has always been hard for me to lose weight due to the PCOS, but for some reason the MacroEd program works.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I had to go back to work today after our winter shutdown. I was dragging this morning when the alarm went off. It was the earliest I had been up in a week.