Where in the world did April go? I am knee deep in month-end at work, but I wanted to get my Wednesday Hodgepodge questions answered and posted. If you want to play along, grab the questions from Joyce, answer them on your own page and then link up on Wednesday.
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.
Roses always remind me of my dad. He was a mechanic and every year around Valentine’s day a flower shop would come in and sell bouquets to the techs in the shop. My dad would always buy my mom roses, but he would also buy me some too.
2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.
I am always helping people at work – probably more than I should. I usually try to go out of my way to get them the answer they need or to help them get someone who can help them.
3. It’s National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?
I love salsa… and will eat it hot, medium or mild. I make a couple of salsas homemade, but I like the one at our local restaurant too.
4. When I was twelve years old…
I was just getting interested into drag racing.
5. It’s the first of May so let’s run with it-first things first, don’t know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?
I recently was given first dibs on something. When I was looking for my apartment, there was only one left available that was remodeled. The others were the older style. I was given first dibs on the newly redone apartment… which, of course, I took advantage of.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I adopted a cat this weekend. I named her Bella after Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. She is a sweet girl and I am so excited to have a cat again.