I apologize for not being around on the blog lately. I have been working through some personal and family issues the last few weeks. Today is Wednesday though, and that means it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge! Wanna join in on the random question fun? Head over to grab the questions from Joyce’s page, answer them on your own blog and link up!
1. They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?
Well, I learned that you should store pans in the bottom drawer of my gas stove. I have never had a gas stove until I moved into the new apartment. I always stored things in the bottom drawer before. I couldn’t figure out why I kept smelling melting/burning when I used my oven. I Googled it… and lo and behold… that drawer is actually the broiler on my stove. I was broiling my pans while using my oven. Oops.
2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
The one time that sticks out in my mind is when Bo and I were at the top of that water slide at Great Wolf Lodge. It was my first – and last – water slide. I could either look like a big chicken or jump on the raft and go. I went and screamed all the way down.
3. April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off? In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that’s too hard) where the telephone is featured.
I do have a land line but only because it was included in the cable package. I usually do respond to texts immediately unless I am in a meeting or busy. I try to turn my phone off at least once a week but usually turn it right back on. I think it makes it work better. I remember my parents renting those black rotary phones from the phone company. I want to say the payment for them was only a few dollars a month, but I remember when we turned them back in because we bought our first cordless phone.
4. Close call, at someone’s beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call…which call have you ‘heard’ recently? Explain.
Probably call a meeting. It seems like we have a lot of meetings at work and I am constantly being invited to another one.
5. What subject do you wish you’d paid more attention to in school?
Hmmmm…. I’d have to say math class. I really didn’t pay attention or care, so I was constantly getting D’s and F’s. I didn’t really “get” math until I was taking remedial math classes for my associate degree.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I haven’t mentioned much on here about it, but Don and I are separated and going through the process to get a dissolution. We were just very unhappy and felt we would be better parents apart. It has been rough. I have gotten an apartment close by and we are sharing custody and visitation with the kids. I have never lived alone, so it has been a huge learning experience for me.