Happy Wednesday and happy “Friday” to those who have to work today. It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge and it sounds like Joyce has given us a Thanksgiving theme this week. If you’d like to join us, hop over and grab the questions for this week, answer them on your own blog, and waddle back over to link up!
1. Tradition…how tightly do you cling to tradition when it comes to holiday gatherings and celebrations? For instance do you always do the cooking, never eat at home, always go to grandma’s, never miss the parade, always watch football, never change the menu, always eat at 2 PM, etc.? Have you ever celebrated Christmas or Thanksgiving away from hearth, home, and family? How did that feel?
I am not sure we cling to any traditions for the holidays. It usually changes – time, menu, guests, etc. The only thing that doesn’t change is that we always host. I am trying to think – I don’t think we have ever celebrated Christmas or Thanksgiving away from home, but we have celebrated Easter in a hotel room in Kentucky.
2. Help...is it easy for you to ask for help or are you a do-it-yourselfer? How is that a good/bad thing?
It is pretty easy for me to ask for help, but I am also a do-it-yourselfer. For the most things it is a good thing, but occasionally I run into a dilemma while doing it myself and usually have to call in reinforcements.
3. Abundance…what is there an abundance of in your kitchen?
Cheez-Its. For some reason, I have bought Cheez-Its every week for the last few weeks. We have two open boxes – of two different flavors. Because, of course, my kids don’t like the same flavor.
4. Name…the smallest thing you’re thankful for? the biggest?
Hmmmm…. the smallest thing I am thankful for is warm, fuzzy socks. The biggest thing is my family and friends.
5. Key…What do you think is the key to living a more grateful life?
Stopping and smelling the roses.
6. State your own random thought here.
On Thanksgiving Day, we have ribs and cheesy potatoes and then I cook the whole big meal on Saturday, when everyone comes over. I have yet to buy the food for either day. I did remember to buy the turkey – it is thawing in the fridge. But, the rest of the stuff… not bought yet. I probably should get on that.