Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 317
Happy Wednesday! It’s time for that fun post – Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you don’t know, the Wednesday Hodgepodge is a fun, random question blog hop where Joyce provides the questions and we provide the answers. Come join us, we’d love to have you! Visit Joyce over at From this Side of the Pond and get all the details!
1. Do your actions match your words? Elaborate.
I would like to think that I “practice what I preach” when it comes to life. The only time that I can honestly say I don’t try is cussing. I am constantly telling my kids to not cuss and I cuss all the time. Is that bad?
2. Sick as a dog, go to the dogs, dog days of summer, dog tired, it’s a dog’s life, every dog has it’s day, can’t teach an old dog new tricks…now doggone it which saying could most recently be applied to your life?
I would have to say “it’s a dog’s life.” Our husky right now is sitting beside me on the couch while I do this blog post. Normally, he is always around Don but for some reason he is snuggling with me tonight. He probably chewed up something of mine. He has the perfect life… he’s spoiled rotten.
3. Your favorite book featuring a dog in the storyline? What makes it a favorite?
Must Love Dogs by Claire Cook. I actually watched the movie long before I read the book. I didn’t like the movie for some reason, but when I finally read the book I loved it. The book is so much better than the movie! I haven’t read the other books in the series though.
4. What’s something you hope to one day have the confidence to do?
I hope one day to have the confidence to be able to get up in front of a large group of people to speak and not think twice about it. I always get nervous – I can do it, but get nervous beforehand. I just want to get up and start talking without those few seconds of being scared at the start.
5. August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day. So tell us a joke.
Where does an homeless and unemployed accountant live? (answer below)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday, I finally got mad at my hip pain and went to the chiropractor. In an hour, the pain was gone that I have had almost daily for the last 10+ years. I am stupid for not going sooner.
Answer: in a tax shelter.