Happy Wednesday! It’s been a few weeks since I have posted a Wednesday Hodgepodge – Nana asked why I wasn’t answering the “questions on your blog.” Well, here I am. If you haven’t played along on the Wednesday Hodgepodge, visit Joyce and grab this week’s questions and answering them on your own blog. Hop back over and link up. Easy peasy.
1. Growing up, were you close to your grandparents? Tell us one or two specific things you remember about them.
I was very close to both sets of grandparents. I remember visiting my dad’s mom and every day we would have “coffee” and graham crackers. She would dip hers in her coffee, but I would have Coke and would dip mine in that. To this day, I will still dip my graham crackers if I happen to be drinking pop with them. My mom’s dad I remember playing for hours and hours in the basement with the huge train set he had. He had several trains with the mountains, buildings, people… the whole thing. I even had a conductor’s hat and whistle.
2. What’s an item you were attached to as a child? What happened to it?
I’d have to say it was my doll baby Elizabeth. She was one of those dolls that cried when you turned her over. Mo has her now… and would you believe the thing still cries 35 years later?!
3. When you look out your window, do you see the forest or the trees (literally and figuratively)? Explain.
When I look out the window at work, I see the trees – literally. Our building looks out onto a small wooded area with a pond. Figuratively, I have always seen both the forest and trees – or at least I try to. I have always prided myself on being able to see the big and little picture.
4. Do you like sour candies? Which of the ‘sour’ foods listed below would you say is your favorite?
grapefruit, Greek yogurt, tart cherries, lemons, limes, sauerkraut, buttermilk, or kumquats
For the most part, it is going great.
6. Insert your own random thought here.