Happy Wednesday! I cannot believe the Wednesday Hodgepodge is on volume 300 this week! I swear we just celebrated volume 200! To celebrate this big anniversary, Joyce is debuting a new Wednesday Hodgepodge button! Want to join in on the fun, hop over to visit Joyce and grab the questions, answer them on your blog and then link up with us!
Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 300
1. What is one area of your life where you’re a perfectionist? Is that a good thing?
I am a perfectionist in raising my kids. I don’t think this is a good thing at all. I am constantly worried I am not doing enough or that they are too rambunctious or loud or stuff like that. I constantly worry that people are thinking how bad my kids are.
2. What’s something you find perfectly ridiculous?
Working at Honda, we have an open office environment. This means you can hear every one else’s conversations. For the most part, it isn’t bad but there are these young guys that sit in the next aisle right behind me. They are constantly talking in hashtags. Trust me, I love a good hashtag but not in conversation. Just today, the one guy said to the other, “Dude, its time for hashtag breakfast.” I just want to turn around and say “Hashtag shut up.”
3. What’s a skill you’ve developed by way of that old fashioned saying, ‘practice makes perfect?
I would have to say cooking. I still struggle sometimes but each mistake makes me better and better. I don’t think I am half bad on a normal day, but sometimes I try to experiment and it doesn’t always go well.
4. What’s your idea of a perfect breakfast?
Biscuits and sausage gravy with a little bit of honey drizzled on top. Don’t knock it until you try it.
5. What’s a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you’ve taken that you’d rate a perfect 10? Tell us why.
I’d have to say it was to Myrtle Beach. My best friend and her mom went with us and we had an amazing time!
6. What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now? If you can’t do perfect, how about one that comes close?
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” -Douglas Adams
7. How would you spend $300 today?
Hmmmm. I think I would spend it on Lego sets. I have my eye on a couple that are pretty pricey.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My itty bitty babies that I just brought home from the hospital are going to be 8 in a couple of weeks. I swear I blinked and eight years has gone by. I don’t know what I am going to do… they are growing up too fast.