The Wednesday Hodgepodge is taking a spring break this week so I thought I’d go back and do a volume I missed… we will be back next week with volume 301!
1. ‘Slow and steady wins the race’…tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
I took one class at a time to get both my bachelor’s and master’s degree. It took forever but it was the only way I could do I took working full time and taking care of the family.
2. ‘As slow as molasses’…Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What’s your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what’s your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I am not sure I have ever had molasses. I do love me some maple syrup, butterscotch and caramel. I love nothing more than a stack of pancakes topped with real butter and real maple syrup.
3. Your favorite slow song?
Hmmmm. I can’t think of anything but My Best Friend by Tim McGraw. Don and I danced to it at our wedding.
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
Roast with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
5. ‘You may delay, but time will not.’ ~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
March is the end of the Ki (fiscal year) for Honda. This month has been horrible. It really depends on the tasks that I am dealing with if I hurry or delay. Right now I am hurrying through my task list at work to get stuff done before it gets really crazy.
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
Traffic. People at the grocery store. Waiting at the doctor.
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you’ll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you’d like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I am crafty. I have several different genres of crafts I work on. My favorite is scrapbooking. More than likely I will finish decorating the doll house I built and make some ATCs for Swap-bot in the next 30 days.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The kids’ birthday is coming up but we have no idea what to get them. Have any suggestions?
Tags: Everyday Life