Well, I guess Wednesday Hodgepodge is on hiatus this week and I didn’t know. So, I thought I would answer last week’s questions that I missed. If you want to come join in the random question fun, hop over to visit Joyce and get all the details.
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
We have a family friend that comes to all our holidays and parties. He hates having his picture taken but he was helping Miss Mo open a doll she received and I was able to snap a picture of him and it looked like he was holding the doll and loving it. Every time I see that picture, it makes me laugh. Hysterically.
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
Hmmmm. The best thing is tough. We had so many delicious foods over the holidays. One that sticks out is my best friend’s mom made these pretzel/caramel/chocolate things. I ate most of the box by myself.
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
My kids’ faces.
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
Starting new on something with no regrets.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
2016 could have been a crappy year with finding out my company was moving to Wisconsin. However, I landed my dream job – I have been wanting to get hired at Honda for years and years and it finally came true. I have an amazing boss and love the people I work with and what I do. So, 2016 summed up to be a solid 9-10.
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they’d like to see banished from the Queen’s English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you’re like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it’s used. There were quite a few on this year’s list I’d never heard before.Here’s the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?
I am so tired of hearing the word selfie. It seems like that’s all you hear anymore. And it is such a weird word.
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
To keep up with my blog consistently.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am upstairs in our bedroom and we still have our window air conditioner in for some reason. The wind is blowing soooo hard I am freaked out that it is going to tear the accordion things that block the open window. I am seriously considering going downstairs to sleep.