Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 286
Happy Wednesday! It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge – that fun, random question blog hop that Joyce hosts each week. Grab the questions, answer them on your own blog and link up on Wednesdays! We’d love to see your answers! Let’s go…
1. Let’s all think happy thoughts…share one of yours here.
Right now, a happy thought for me would be a great book, a warm blanket, and a quiet house.
2. There’s a Chinese proverb that says, “If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing….” What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
I’d have to say go to the dirt track for the day. I am never in a bad mood when dirt is flying in my face.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
My bedroom – to read a book or take a nap. Or, I lay on the floor and dump all the kids’ Lego bricks out and play with them. Don’t judge… something about the noise of combing through the bricks calms and relaxes me.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
Takin’ Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what’s the last ‘fast food’ you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a ‘happy meal’ what would you include?
There seems to be a day for everything these days. The last fast food we had was Our Hero subs. I had a New York Cheesesteak. My happy meal would definitely include a cheesy gordita crunch. At 500 calories a shot though, it is a little painful… lol. Oh, and maybe some cheese sticks from Arby’s.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I love meeting people through my blog. I also love hearing how my posts have touched others. At one of my first blogging conferences, I remember a speaker saying you have to decide why you blog. If you are touching ONE person, will you still blog? I decided then and there to not use my blog to make money with advertising and other things. (I do however, accept products for review.) As long as one person continues to read, I will continue to blog.
7. List seven things you’re feeling especially grateful for today.
My kids. My husband. My family. My new job.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, last week I went and voted and was on the way home and some idiot turned in front of me and I hit him. The kids were in the car with me. The dumb butt took off and left the scene. A really nice woman stopped to stay with us until the police showed up, a local business man opened his store after hours so the kids didn’t have to wait in the cold, and another man took off after the guy to get his license plate information for the police. Living in a small town with people who actually care about others reminds me that there is still good in the world. Unfortunately, the idiot caused my vehicle almost $5000 in damage… but we were all okay.