Happy Wednesday my friends! I hope wherever you are is dry, sunny, and warm. I am starting to feel like a duck here in Ohio… it has done nothing but rain every day. If I wanted rain, I’d move to Seattle! Since it is Wednesday, it’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge! Don’t know what the Hodgepodge is? Its a fun blog hop where Joyce provides the questions and we provide the answers. We’d love to have you… hop over and grab the questions and link up!
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
I would love to make my own cookbook – it’s one of my dreams. I would have to say that or learning calligraphy appeals to me most – both of which I would love to do. Unfortunately, I probably won’t add it to my list this August. However, I am in the process of writing letters to my penpals… so, I guess that one is on my list!
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, ‘To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.‘ Agree or disagree? Explain.3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day…are you a ‘thrifter’? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
I love thrifting and antiquing. There are some super-cool stores in our town that I went through a few weeks ago with my mother-in-law. I love finding unique pieces… but, especially if they are jars or bottles. This last trip, I found a flavoring bottle that was from a company in Dayton, Ohio that hasn’t been in business since the 1900s. I was so excited! Probably my favorite find… and it only cost $5… was this plant stand that I wanted. It was the first time I had ever “haggled” for a price… and the guy gave it to me for $5… down from $10. I was so proud of myself. I think I was a junior in high school… and I still have the dang thing. I won’t let Don throw it away.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
I would have to say my wanderlust is probably a 6 or 7. I love to go to new places and see new things and sometimes get a hankering to get exploring. Probably the one thing that kicks my wanderlust into gear is a country road I haven’t been down. I will see a pretty road and wonder where it goes and what I can see along the way. My dad always said I never saw a back road I didn’t like.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
I would have to say a marathon… so far. Things have been pretty tame and the craziness of summer seems to be over. Of course, come September it will be a sprint with school starting.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
School supply and school clothes shopping! We have been putting it off because the kids don’t go back until September 19th. But, I really need to get on it before all the good stuff and deals are gone
7. What’s the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
When Don was in Mexico, a couple of nights it seemed like the entire evening got away from us and it was WAY past bedtime before I realized it. I have major props for single parents… I couldn’t do it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This was my view on my way to work the other day…