Happy Wednesday! I hope you are staying cool wherever you call home. Its been rather sweltering here the last couple of weeks. In fact, at the fair Monday night, I almost passed out from the heat. Not good. The summer vacation for Wednesday Hodgepodge is over… yeah… so, hop over to visit Joyce and grab this week’s questions and check out my answers below!
1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history…what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games?
We have been watching the Olympics, but I am usually reading when they are on. The summer Olympics do not really interest me that much. Probably the one moment that sticks out in my head is when Kerri Strug did the vault with an injured foot/ankle and her coach had to carry her.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you’d like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person?
I have never been to Rio or Greece. I honestly have no desire to go to Rio. Greece, maybe. I have never been to the Olympic Games in person, but I have been to the Olympic Park in Atlanta where the games were held. I don’t think I would want to go see the Games in person… I would rather go to the X-Games.
3. The ball’s in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one’s depth (swimming)…which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain.
Today, I would have to say I am “on a roll”. I have been behind because of month end and finally I am caught up again.
4. What have you earned a ‘gold medal’ in recently?
I would have to say reading the first 6 Harry Potter books in less than 2 weeks!
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy?
My bestie Danielle.
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain.
I am definitely a young soul and Don is an old soul… there is tension at times because of this. I want to have fun and play and be silly and he wants to be serious and put his nose to the grindstone. An example is, some nights I can’t sleep so I will poke/tickle/talk to him while he is trying to go to sleep… just like a kid.
7. It’s National S’mores Day (August 10th)…are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s’more today?
I love me some s’mores! I probably won’t celebrate by eating one, but it would be delicious!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Monday, we went to the fair… it was a blast… if you can’t tell by these pictures!