Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 275
Happy Wednesday! It’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time! I am not sure how this week has gotten away from me, but I didn’t remember to schedule my posts so I am running behind. One of these days, I promise I will get organized again! Grab the questions on Joyce’s blog and come link up for some random question fun!
1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why?
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
I would have to say a 7 or 8. The only reason it isn’t higher is it has been HOT and HUMID this summer and I don’t like that.
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
I had several aunts and uncles growing up… both “regulars” and “greats.” I spent a lot of time with my Aunt Donna and Uncle David growing up… spending the night and playing at their house. I am an aunt… and a great aunt. Probably the most memorable time with a bunch of aunts and uncles was when we would go up to the lake on the weekend. My (great) Uncle Bob – who looked like Dick Van Dyke – would tell stories about growing up and would get us all laughing hysterically. Then, there was the one summer weekend they all went to the local bar… I can’t share that story… but, I was NOT drinking underage. Let’s just say there was a lot of laughing and an aunt (or two) may or may not have been dancing on the table. But, I cannot confirm nor deny that.
3. What’s your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What’s your favorite food dipped in cheese?
Strawberries dripped in chocolate are the best. Dipped in cheese? Hmmm… probably soft pretzels. Doesn’t that sound good?
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.
I am not sure that this is a legitimate astonishment… but, I had never read the Harry Potter books and was proud of that. The other day, I picked up the first one… and in a week I have read all the way through books 1, 2, 3 and a 1/4 of the way through the 4th one. No kidding. I like
green eggs and ham the Harry Potter books!
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board…which board have you most recently encountered?
Ironing board. We store it behind our kitchen door and last night the kids went running by the door and the ironing board fell over.
6. What’s your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
Noah’s Ark. My parents would always remind us growing up that the rainbow was God’s promise to his children. And, (true story), the day I was going to the fertility doctor to have my IUI done to try and get pregnant I saw a double rainbow in the sky— and it hadn’t rained. And, 6 weeks later found out I was pregnant with twins.
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
New York City, New Orleans, Colorado Springs, San Bernardino (to visit Gee), and Santa Monica. I kinda jumped across the United States, huh?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I ain’t got nothin’ this week.