Happy Hump Day! Since today is Wednesday, that means its time for Wednesday Hodgepodge! Come join us for the random question fun. Hop over to visit Joyce on Tuesdays to grab the week’s questions, answer them on your blog for Wednesday and then hop back over to Joyce’s to link up! Easy peasy! Let’s go!
1. Pokemon Go…your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?
I honestly think it is the dumbest thing ever. I see how it is getting kids and adults out of the house and could get them moving physically. But, so many people are not paying attention and getting hurt or trespassing and all kinds of crazy things. Don and I went through a small town Sunday morning at 2:30 am (we were coming home from Eldora) and there was about 25 people sitting outside in the square playing… all ages… from young kids to adults. Kinda goofy if you ask me. We even know people who has a Pokemon ball whatever thing across from their house and stupid people are parking in their YARD instead of parking in the parking lot next to the building that “houses” the ball thingy. So, no… I am not playing. And neither are my kids.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you’re a parent what’s something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a ‘collectible’?
I collected bells as a child. I am not sure why. Mo collects stuffed dogs. Bo really doesn’t collect anything, unless you count those figures from the Minecraft blind boxes. I have not camped out or paid crazy-money for a collectible.
3. “Collect moments, not things”…tell us about a moment you’ve added to your collection this summer.
The laughs we had at Eldora this weekend with friends.
4. What’s something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
Everything. I hate to dust. That’s probably not going to change any time soon.
5. A favorite song relating to time?
Definitely Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show!
6. What’s been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
Growing up, we would camp alot on the weekends. One weekend, we were staying at a campground near Toledo. We had thrown our leftover food into the fire ring and in the middle of the night something got into it and ate it. We could hear their nails on the metal of the fire ring. Creepy. At the time, I swore it was a bear. You can read all about it here.
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
My other half believes that the moon landing was a conspiracy and that it was all fake. I would love to go to prove him wrong.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We spent our Saturday night at Eldora Speedway for the King’s Royal. It was a blast and I can’t wait to go back for the World 100s. Then, on to Charlotte for the World of Outlaw Finals!