Happy Wednesday! It’s shaping up to be a rainy, icky day today! The only good thing so far is the phone company is out installing our super-fast internet. Yeah! Hopefully, there will be no more screams from bedrooms of “She/He’s stealing my internet!” I can hope, right? Today’s Wednesday, which means it is time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Come join us in the random question fun! Visit Joyce for the questions and play along!
1. How should success be measured? Using that as your standard, who is the most successful person you know? (Or one of the most successful?)
I think everyone measures success differently. To me, success is not being mega rich and famous. Being successful to me is being happy, healthy, and having extra money for the fun things in life. So, I think success is an individual thing and is measured by what you consider to be important. Choosing a successful person is a tough one… people are successful for many different reasons. Shirley Muldowney pops into my mind as being a successful female drag racer during a time when men dominated the sport. But, on the other hand I think normal, everyday people are successful as well. Tough question.
2. Have you ever been to a hot air balloon launch/fest/party? Ever taken a ride in a hot air balloon? Is that on your bucket list? According to Frommers the ten best hot air balloon adventures in the world are-
Loire Valley (France), the Serengeti (Tanzania), Napa Valley (California), Lake Champlain (Vermont), Cappadocia (Turkey), Istria (Croatia), Gstaad (Switzerland), Yarra Valley (Australia), Muelle (Costa Rica), and Albuquerque (New Mexico).
Which one on the list would you most like to experience?
We used to have a hot air ballon festival right across the street from us at the local airport. We could sit in our front yard and watch them glow and take off and land throughout the weekend. When they would come back over, they would be so close we could talk to the riders and pilots! I go back and forth saying I want to ride in one, but I am so petrified of heights I am not sure I could do it! Of those listed, I would like to go to Gstaad, just because I would love to go to Switzerland!
3. May 25th is National Brown-Bag It Day. Did you/will you pack a lunch today? When did you last pack a lunch for someone and what are your go-to ingredients for a brown bag lunch?
Normally I do pack, but the Fun Team at work is providing pizza for the company for our May event. I packed the kids’ lunch the other day for a field trip to the zoo. My go-to is usually a sandwich..
4. What’s one of your favorite dance scenes from a movie or television show?
Pretty much any of the dance scenes in Mamma Mia!
5. John F. Kennedy made famous the line, ‘…Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” So what can you do for your country?
Be the change.
6. Weekends are made for __________________________________.
7. On this last Wednesday of the month, bid farewell to the month of May in seven words or less.
Goodbye, fairwell, I hate to say adieu!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, a few weeks ago I bought the kids a tent for us to “camp” in the backyard. I have been putting off using it – we were sick, it was too cold. I think I am out of excuses. Don told the kids we were going to have a camp fire this weekend, and then they got that we were camping out of that… so, this weekend I will be sleeping on the hard ground in a tent in the backyard. Lucky me.