Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 266
Happy Wednesday! It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge! Hop over and visit Joyce, grab the questions, answer them and share in the randomness!
1. Tell us about a time you found yourself ‘in the middle of nowhere’. Was this deliberate?
The one thing that pops into my head is when Don and I were trying to find a drag strip up north of us. We typed the information into the GPS and headed off. It took us to the middle of nowhere and told us to turn left. Into a corn field. The annoying voice told us we had arrived. Thankfully, we saw the track lights a couple miles down the road in the other direction.
2. What’s something you’re ‘in the middle of’ today or this week?
A cold. And I am so done with it.
3. At what age do you think ‘middle age’ begins? What does it mean to be ‘middle aged’?
I think middle-age is 50+. I think if you are middle-aged you need to start acting like an adult… thank God I have 13 years to go before I get there.
4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut…your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list?
Mmmmm…. steamed dumplings. I can eat those by the bucket. Spring rolls would have to be the one that isn’t on the list. Okay, now I want some steamed dumplings.
5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ”In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.’ Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate.
I agree. When you are faced with difficult situations or experiences, it makes you more resourceful and resilient.
6. What’s a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still?
I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred. I am not going to lie… I’d sing it right now – with dance moves – if it came on the radio.
I’m a model, you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah, on the catwalk
On the catwalk, yeah
I shake my little tush on the catwalk
7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered.
Ummmm. Probably not. If I could visit any relative with no restrictions, it would probably be Don’s aunt and uncle in Florida. The kids would love to go to Disney and Lego Land but I just can’t justify the expense to get down there. Seeing them would be a bonus.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been sick with the creepy crud since last Thursday. I thought it was allergies but it is a cold. I am soooooo tired of coughing.
We’ve been passing around the cough, headache, sore throat thing for the past week. I’m pretty darn tired of it too! Feel better!
Wow, sounds like you had to drag yourself up off the sick bed just to do the Hodgepodge today! Hope you’re feeling better soon. Mr. C. has had cold-like symptoms for a couple weeks, but I think his are allergies. Pollen is everywhere right now. Wisconsin is green and alive and beautiful and…ah…ah…choo!
I’m ready for warm weather and outside playing! I swear I need to flood my house with Lysol.
I’m not sure if I would rather have allergies or a cold! I just hate to be sick… mommy jobs never stop.