This week, I am a day late and a dollar short… and because I don’t wanna hear Nana complain I didn’t do the Wednesday Hodgepodge… here it is – late. Enjoy!
1. What does retirement mean to you? Are you planning for it, not thinking about it, looking forward to it, or dreading it?
Retirement means relaxation and travel. I am definitely planning for it like a crazy woman. I am constantly using the retirement calculator on my 401k at work to see how I compare to other’s my age and how much I will have for retirement. I also have a Roth and an IRA outside of work too… and an amazing investment guy.
2. It’s International Guitar Month…do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What’s a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar?
I do not play the guitar, but wish I did. My brother used to be amazing at it. My favorite song to hear on the guitar is the Rainbow Connection.
3. What’s your comfort food?
Biscuits and gravy.
4. What’s one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate?
Eating! LOL. I think I procrastinate at everything.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries?
I do the grocery shopping. We go to Aldi and there you have to do your own bagging. However, if I am feeling lazy or sick, I go to Kroger so someone else can bag them for me.
6. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen in nature?
The Grand Canyon – hands down.
7. Share a favorite quote about home.
“Please excuse the mess, the children are making memories.” I actually made a sign that says this and hangs in my living room. I think people get to worried about having clean houses and don’t let their kids be kids. I can have an immaculate house once the kids leave home.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This week has gone on long enough. I’m ready for Saturday.