Happy Wednesday ya’ll! Hope you are staying warm or even enjoying some spring-like weather. We’ve had rain and wind and then today it was snowing after a few spring days. Welcome to Ohio. Since today is Wednesday, it’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge… a fun blog hop where Joyce provides the questions and we provide the answers… read on for some randomness on a Wednesday!
1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?
I started working on month end. I think leap day should be a holiday and no one has to work.
2. What’s something in your life that’s grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I’m giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
Nana will appreciate this… the amaryllis that I received for Christmas! It was one of those pot and bulb kits that you can buy… I followed the directions and it grew to be HUGE. So tall, we had to support it. It bloomed and was beautiful. I cut it off and was letting it sit to dry out so I could store it. Yesterday, Nana said that it was growing again. I checked and it was! It’s like the super amaryllis!
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you’ll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for ‘best dressed’?
I honestly cannot tell you the last time I saw a new movie. I am thinking it was Turbo with the twins. I usually watch my favorites and old stand-bys like Lost in Translation or Mamma Mia! I didn’t watch The Oscars, but the clips I have heard from Chris Rock are hilarious. I haven’t seen any pictures of the outfits being worn yet either.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
Last week while Don was in Pittsburgh. (1) pick up after yourself, (2) put your dishes in the sink, and (3) pick up after yourself.
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese’s peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
REALLY?! Really?! OMG! I love peanut butter. I would take any and all of the above. But, a peanut butter sandwich with grape jelly would be perfect. Or a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Yum. Or a Girl Scout Tag-a-long cookie. Or, what about a peanut butter cup Blizzard. Okay, so I want peanut butter.
6. Why is failure important? Or isn’t it?
Failure is vital to success. Without allowing yourself to fail, you will not appreciate it when you succeed. Failure teaches lessons that help you grow and strive to be your very best.
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
The twins’ 7th birthday and Don and I’s 16th wedding anniversary!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, tonight we are trying a new carnitas recipe that will (eventually) be shared on the blog (if it is yummy!). I threw everything in the Crockpot last night so I could just drop it in the base and turn it on this morning. Except, I cannot remember if I turned it on or not. I hope I did… that would suck to lose a chunk of pork like that.