Hello! Remember me? I hope you didn’t think I fell off the face of the earth… or went back to the future. Its costing time at work and it has been a little nuts with that and Don and I’s visit to Pittsburgh this past weekend! So, without further adieu… Wednesday Hodgepodge…
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty’s future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a ‘skyway’ on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?
I did see all the movies. My favorite is the first one and the third one. In the fall of 1985, I was 7 years old, so I was probably getting ready for Halloween.
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?
Probably the past. I would love to help run the Underground Railroad.
3. We’re not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80’s film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we’ll soon be unable to keep up with it’s demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?
Nah. I think technology is awesome and does some amazing things. I think the people who abuse the Internet are the ones causing the harm.
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?
Roast and veggies. Chipotle.
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time…which timely saying most relates to your life right now?
Pressed for time.
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that’s no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?
I used to go with my dad to Hilltop which was a carryout and pizza place. It was very dingy and old school. We used to know the cashier and she would always let me ring in our order. (Side note… kinda funny… Don’s mom used to make pizzas there and we probably talked to her 100 times and had no idea I would marry her son one day.) It is now a craft beer/carryout kind of place but the food is kinda crappy now.
7. Describe your comfort zone.
Anywhere or anytime I can be myself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I feel like crap and want to go back to bed.