Happy Wednesday! I am still trying to recover from BloggyCon ’15 this past weekend at Cedar Point. Its not that I partied too hard… I just feel like I am behind at home and work. I have yet to even go to the grocery store for the week! At this point, I might as well not! If you have never gone to BloggyCon, I encourage you to go. I learned so much that has already made a difference in my blogging – it is unreal! For example, Dan R. Morris and Rachel Martin gave suggestions on how to grow your community on Facebook… and they worked! Speaking of which, if you haven’t liked us on Facebook, we’d love it if you would! We’ll wait. Okay… since it is Wednesday, that means it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. What have you ‘fallen for’ recently?
Not Your Father’s Root Beer. Hard. Like, I am trying to find it in stores. I don’t like beer normally, (please, no comments that it is actually an ale or stout or whatever it truly is) so it is surprising I like this one so much. But, I do. I think it is my new favorite adult beverage.
2. What’s something you’re ‘squirreling away’ for later?
Scrapbook paper. I seem to buy it and think “I’ll use that one day.” And, never do.
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall…how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What’s your favorite variety?
I cannot stand raw apples. Its a texture thing. I eat a lot of applesauce. I especially like Granny Smiths for cooking and applesauce.
4. According to Fodor’s the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen Colorado, The Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?
I would love to go back to the Great Smoky Mountains to see the fall leaves.
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let’s wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
I am not sure how I feel about this. We grew up learning how bad mary jane was for us…. kills brain cells, etc. But, now we are legalizing it? On the other hand, I see the benefits of medical marijuana for some instances. My only concern is, there can be benefits to Oxycontin and drugs like that… are we going to legalize those too?
6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay?
No… I have to start at the beginning on both or I get really confused. Then, I turn into that annoying person who talks through the whole thing because I am trying to figure out what is going on.
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
I would have to say when to use a semi-colon. I always want to just start a new sentence. Probably the one thing that annoys me when others do it is when they don’t use that last comma in a list. I think it is called an Oxford comma. It just annoys me… you know, when you make a list of A, B, and C. That second comma needs to be there. It just doesn’t look right to me… A, B and C. It looks weird.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went all day yesterday in a good mood, until about 2:30 when I wrote the date for the first time… and then realized it was the anniversary of my brother’s death. He has been gone 15 years. Came as a shock.