Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 233
Happy Wednesday! Since I am behind (again) this week… let’s get right at Joyce’s Wednesday Hodgepodge questions!
1. It’s hard to believe, but next week’s Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What’s one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
I want to take my kids on one last adventure before school starts (we start late this year because they are adding on to the school.) So, this Friday we are going to COSI in Columbus.
2. When were you last at ‘your wit’s end’?
Daily? Okay… maybe not daily. But, it gets a little rough sometimes when its month end at work and people are asking me questions and don’t understand that I am swamped with more important things (how horrible does THAT sound?) So, I usually end up shutting my door and working on close.
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into ‘the deep end‘?
One of my jobs, the first day they handed me 6 months worth of bank statements and told me to go reconcile them. It was my first “real” accounting job and I didn’t understand zero based bank accounts or how sweeps and funding worked. I was way over my head.
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
It depends. Sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do.
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
Bo squealing when he plays video games.
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it’s a feed your brain so you’re less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
Definitely dark chocolate, no question. Mussels would put me in a bad mood… they are too slimy for me.
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is ‘no end in sight’?
All my home improvement projects… my dining room has been half painted for 4 years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This past Saturday, we went to a local pizza place for my birthday lunch. The kids ordered a personal pizza. When Bo got his, he began cutting it up with a fork and knife. I asked him what he was doing and he said, “I am eating neatly like Jesus.” I thought I was going to die laughing. So, that my friends is your funny for the day…