It’s hump day! I have been so crazy busy this week, I am surprised I haven’t passed my self on the way to the next thing. Since it is Wednesday, that means it is time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! The Hodgepodge is a fun blog hop that Joyce puts together every week – we answer random questions and link up on her blog and have some fun!
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
The one I struggle with the most is relaxing and resetting. I always have to be doing something or I get what I call the “heebie jeebies.” Even at home, if I am sitting still I have to be reading or something. The one that comes easiest for me is finding the good in life. Life is way to short to dwell on the crap and bad stuff.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
Scrapbook supplies for one of my fair cards.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet…which ‘trip’ have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
Trip over my own two feet. I was volunteering yesterday and I was going up the steps to where my craft station was and I tripped. Thankfully, no one saw me.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
I would love to be able to fly a plane. I would have fun with it… fly places just to eat lunch or something like they do at the airport across the street from our house.
5. As July draws to a close, let’s take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you…been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
Swimming, ice cream, corn on the cob, watched a ball game, taken a road trip, read a book… All the others I could take or leave before summer is over.
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What’s your question?
What are you going to do to support children and women’s health and wellness issues?
7. What’s your most listened to song so far this summer?
Hmmmm. I haven’t really been listening to music. For the kids, it is probably All About that Bass.
8. Insert your own random thought here.