Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 229
Happy Wednesday! Things are getting back to normal around our house since I was gone for a week in Wisconsin. Of course, I am gearing up for the fair and making adoption announcements for my friend… so, heaven knows nothing has slowed down! Since it is Wednesday, its time for the blogging world’s favorite blog hop… Wednesday Hodgepodge. To join in, hop over to visit Joyce and grab the questions and answer them on your own blog. Link up and have some fun!
1. Is your home air conditioned? If it’s not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.
Yes it is definitely air conditioned. I think I would die if it wasn’t! I did grow up with central air… my daddy sold his motorcycle when I was a baby so it could be installed. Probably the hottest I have ever been was out at the drag strip. I kept getting water out of the cooler, but for some reason I kept handing it out to others that looked like they needed it… and never drank any. I remember standing in the car trailer… and then waking up flat on my back and Don’s teenage cousin standing over me trying to get me to come to. I ended up leaving the track… my mom came and got me… went home and sat in the air and drank a ton of water. Then, my dumb butt went back out to the track later because Don Garlits was racing a match race that night and I wanted to see him!
2. What’s something in your life right now that falls under the heading ‘up in the air’?
Well, I have put off going to the grocery for a few days… and am supposed to go tonight… but have no clue what I am buying or what we will be having for dinners this week!
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?
Lemon meringue pie… yum.
4. When did you last feel like you were ‘floating on air’?
Flying home from Chicago Thursday night. The flight was really rough and I kept closing my eyes, but my equilibrium was off and I felt like I was floating. I kept having to open my eyes to make sure the plane wasn’t doing it. Nope, it was just me.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead…which have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Air – freaking – port. Let’s put it this way… I got to the airport in Appleton, Wisconsin at 3:15. I was to fly into Chicago and be home by 11:30 pm in Columbus. At 2:30 AM, I was strolling down the jet bridge (and trying not to kiss the ground) in Columbus. I was not happy. Almost 12 hours to get home… I could have drove it in 6.
6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity…a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
I never been to the Alps. I am not sure it would be high on my list of things to see, thought it would be cool. If I did go, I would probably want to take a boat ride.
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered ‘cool’ when you were growing up?
“Sha right” from Wayne’s World.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I so want to share my two cards I already have made for the fair… but, I like keeping them top secret until the actual fair. But, my goodness are they cute!
I do not like to fly!! So therefore experiences in airports always freak me out! Lemon meringue pie sounds wonderful right now!! Hope the remainder of your week is great
Lemon meringue pie is addictive!! So will we get to see those cards?:-)
How frustrating that it took you so long to fly home. I wouldn’t have been happy either.