It’s Wednesday! Halfway to the weekend! We’ve actually had two days in a row that it hasn’t rained ALL DAY – so, I am pretty excited. Of course, tomorrow I am volunteering and we are having to walk to the park… so, I am kinda hoping it does rain! It’s too hot! Since it is Wednesday, that means it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge – a fun blog hop where we answer random questions on our blogs then link them up with Joyce and have some fun reading everyone’s answers. Ready?
1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What’s your favorite something pink?
Hmmmm. I really can’t think of anything pink that I own except Mo’s big pink snake that I am hoping to borrow for VBS next week.
2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?
I loved when we did the gymnastics stuff… I liked climbing the cargo rope and doing the balance beam. I hated when we had to change for gym in high school. I would always try to sneak into the bathroom and change.
3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?
I’d have to say my Grandma Hess. She used to have this little tin of potpourri that had a mixture of who knows what in it, but I know there were rose petals… it was the dominating smell. Whenever I smell roses, I always think of that little container in her hallway.
4. Do you prefer to read or write?
5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, ‘Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.’ Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?
When it is hot, being lazy is completely respectable. Within reason… taking a breather and laying on the couch, in the A/C reading a book during 100+ weather… definitely good. Neglecting your children to watch soap operas… not good. I don’t have any plans to be lazy. Yet.
6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast…which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?
The Keys. I have always wanted to go there.
7. What question do you hate to answer?
“Are they twins?” Followed by, “Is he the father?” as they point to Don.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
No random thought today… but, how about a fun selfie?