Happy Hump Day! This week has been too long already and it is only halfway through! I will be glad for the weekend. Make sure you stop in tomorrow for a super cool post about something I found in my grandma’s basement… trust me on this. Now, since it is Wednesday, it’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. A cool blog hop where you answer the questions Joyce poses on her blog and join on on the fun. Let’s go…
1. What’s something you’re looking forward to in the month of June?
Our annual family trip to Amish Country.
2. In what way have you come full circle?
I did really well with healthy eating and avoiding processed foods for months. Then, I just gave up. I was feeling like crap again and gaining weight and just bleh. A week ago, I started eating right again and have lost 7 pounds. So, I have come full circle. Hopefully, this time I will remember how crappy I felt like and stick with it.
3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA
The only places I have been on that list is Indianapolis and the Colorado River Region. Or, at least I assume I have been to the Colorado River Region. I looked at two different maps and one included the Grand Canyon and one didn’t. The other places I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about. Probably of all the ones on the list, I would want to visit New Orleans.
4. A song that describes your mood right now?
5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine…your favorite?
I have to pick?! How about a total random fact about me: I didn’t eat strawberries until the kids began eating them. Strange, huh? They are delicious and I can’t get enough of them now.
6. Aesop’s birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that’s accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?
Hmmmmm. I’d have to say The Tortoise and the Hare. This week is month close and I tend to get overwhelmed sometimes. I usually have to take a step back and tell myself it will get done, just do each step and task.
7. The answer is yes…what’s the question?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Nana took the kids to the library this week to register for the summer reading program. They have to read for 15 minutes and then they get to fill in a box on the chart. When the chart is filled up, they take it back and get a prize. Both kids have been reading to me at night when I get home from work. Which, that alone is a lot of fun (and tear-provoking that my kids are old enough to read to me.) But, Bo has taken to creating “voices” for the different characters like I do when I read to them. Its so hard not to crack up when he is reading. Only my son…