Happy Wednesday! Hopefully, in your neck of the woods it isn’t raining and the sun is shining. Here in Ohio, I think Mother Nature is still trying to decide what she is doing today. Since it is Wednesday, that means it is Wednesday Hodgepodge! Answer the questions from Joyce on your own blog, then link up and visit the neighbors and have some fun! Total randomness on a Wednesday… you can’t beat that.
1. Did you do anything ‘memorable’ this past weekend?
Well, not to brag… okay, who am I kidding… I graduated with high honors with my Master’s degree in accounting.
2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.”
Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you’re a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?
I truly believe this. I also believe that freedom isn’t free. There are KIDS fighting for my rights on a daily basis and we need to be thankful and appreciative that they are willing to give their very lives for the country. I do not take my freedom for granted. Ever. It is a right that is fought for by our military daily. I was raised to be thankful and appreciative for my freedom. I was taught to stand when the flag went by and to thank our veterans. I am trying to raise my kids to be the same way… and to make them understand that even if they are the single person that stands for our freedom, it is okay.
3. Loudest noise you’ve ever heard?
On 9-11, one of the jets at WPAFB made a sonic boom and I seriously thought we were under attack.
4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered ‘junk food’? Did you enjoy it?
Last night, I had an M&M cookie… I could have ate the whole pan. Of course I enjoyed it.
5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt ‘packed in like sardines’?
Women of Faith
6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?
I am very organized (I have twins!). I usually have a list but I try to pack very light – minimal makeup and toiletries, minimum clothing, 1-2 pairs of shoes.
7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?
The last “professional” sporting event I attended was World of Outlaw Finals in Charlotte. I wasn’t really rooting for anyone in particular, so I really didn’t care. I just like watching racing. The last “amateur” event was Bo’s t-ball game. He did really well, as did all the kids. They don’t keep score, so I really don’t know who won.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Random thought. Random thought. I’ve got nothing today.