Happy Wednesday! I hope it is nice weather where you are. It is dark and gloomy and raining here. But, April showers bring May flowers… and its not snow. So, I am not complaining.
If you are a longtime reader, you know that Wednesday’s are the Wednesday Hodgepodge where I answer questions posed by Joyce and then link up at her blog for some fun. Check out my post and then visit Joyce for more fun answers!
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what’s something currently kept in a basket at your house?
Onions. I usually buy one of those little bags of onions and I didn’t have anywhere to put them, so I plopped them in a basket by the stove and that has become to “onion basket.”
2. ‘The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.’ ~Michelangelo Buonarroti
So which one are you…the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo’s surname prior to answering this question?
I am the one who aims too high. I expect perfection out of myself in everything, but especially school and work. I tend to come down on myself hard when I don’t achieve what I decide is acceptable.
I have seen the Sistine Chapel in pictures. I did not know his surname prior to reading the question.
3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm…wonder how that’s celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you’re not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?
I hate beer. With a passion. I think it tastes like urine. I am a Jack and Coke girl. I don’t have any recipes that I use that take beer, but I have always wanted to try braising brats in beer before grilling them. That seems like it would be delicious.
4. When did you last travel somewhere new? Tell us where? How’d it go?
Wow. Its been awhile since I have gone somewhere new. The kids love to visit Amish Country, so we usually head that way. I try to immerse myself in whatever culture or area I am visiting. Except when it is a BBQ hut with bars on the windows in a parking lot in a bad part of Atlanta. I put my foot down with Nana on that one.
5. The value of _________________________is greatly overrated.
A college education. I have seen college graduates that couldn’t find their way out of a wet paper bag open on both ends, and I have seen individuals who didn’t go to college that can run circles around me in accounting. I think life experience is much more important than a college education.
6. What’s a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?
When you just get your food and the waiter/waitress is right there asking how everything tastes and most of the time you haven’t even gotten a bite in your mouth. Or, its in your mouth when they ask.
7. It’s Poetry Month…share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the whole kit and caboodle.
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,And sorry I could not travel bothAnd be one traveler, long I stoodAnd looked down one as far as I couldTo where it bent in the undergrowth;Then took the other, as just as fair,And having perhaps the better claim,Because it was grassy and wanted wear;Though as for that the passing thereHad worn them really about the same,And both that morning equally layIn leaves no step had trodden black.Oh, I kept the first for another day!Yet knowing how way leads on to way,I doubted if I should ever come back.I shall be telling this with a sighSomewhere ages and ages hence:Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I present my thesis on Monday evening. Then, I am officially done. Too bad graduation isn’t until May 22nd. Kinda takes the wind out of my sails.