Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 209
Happy Wednesday! Hope you are staying warm wherever you are. It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge…
1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)
Hmmmm. The only time that comes to mind was last year at tax time when I had to call our local city tax department. If it could be rated as -10, I would. The lady was so rude and hateful I actually emailed the mayor and told him!
2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker’s politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
I think I would vote for someone without a college degree. Something has to be said for experience… and college is not experience.
3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?
Ummmmm…. I don’t know? I did visit Abraham Lincoln’s boyhood home when I was a child. Not too exciting… just a log cabin.
4. February 16th was President’s Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn’t think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what’s a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?
I did not know it was Almond Day. lol. I don’t like almonds by themselves, but I love them in dishes or desserts. Probably my favorite is fish almondine.
5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it’s 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?
We used to watch it faithfully but hardly anymore now that the cast has changed. Don and I used to love the Weekend Update… but, especially with Amy and Tina. But, probably my favorite skit was when Amy Poehler did the one where she was at the bar and the guy was hitting on her from across the room and she finally got up and worked her way over and she was like 9 months pregnant. I was pregnant when I first saw it and thought it was hilarious.
6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?
I have a purple mechanical pencil and two purple pushpins right next to me.
7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna! She asks, “How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?”
We hardly ever make our bed unless company is coming over. When we do, we throw the pillows on top of the covers.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, this morning I dropped my debit card between the console and seat of my car and I can’t reach it and I don’t know how to get it. Any ideas?
I really think car makers need to come up with a way to get rid of the space between the seat & middle console! We all have dropped a card, or keys, or something down in there. It’s a challenge to get ’em out! And, although I agree with you that college is not a necessary requirement to serve in an office, I do think “College IS experience.” For many it’s the first time leaving home, growing up, being responsible for yourself. And some experiences are beyond the classroom – and make you are more rounded individual.
Get a new card? There is something you can buy that will go between; we saw one at one of those “As Seen on TV” stores.
Wonder if you could try using the hose attachment on a vacuum to suck it out?
Vacuum or tongs would be my first tries. I hate it when that happens!
OH NO! on the debit card! Hope you can retrieve it. Tried a yardstick or ruler? :-(((
How about a wire hanger?
There is a product that was featured on Shark Tank, called Drop Stop, that would keep this from happening to you again. It doesn’t really help you now but if you are like me, this won’t be the last time you drop something important in that teeny, tiny space between the console and car seat!