Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 206
Happy Wednesday! Hope your week is going great… and if you are snowed in, you are warm! Thankfully, we just had a little snow here in Ohio but it is very cold. And, I can’t find my gloves. Again. Since it’s Wednesday, it means it is time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you haven’t joined in, head over to Joyce’s blog and grab the questions and answer them on your own blog, then link up and have fun!
1. When did someone last suggest you ‘chill out’? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to ‘chill out’? Or, when did you last tell yourself to ‘chill out’?
Don is always telling me to calm down about stuff. So, this is like a daily occurrence with me.
2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?
I asked the twins what they loved most about mommy and Mo said my hugs and Bo said my kisses. Awwww.
3. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience? Does it feel the same in hindsight?
Hmmmm. I’d have to say when my car died in the intersection on the way home from Church and the grocery store. I had Nana and the kids in the car. Not a good time. Majorly inconvenient. I had to borrow my mother-in-law’s car (thank goodness she didn’t need it that week.) It ended up being an adventure though because I was able to purchase a new car.
4. A Wendy’s Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake…of these three, which one is your favorite ‘frosty’ treat?
Oh my. We have to choose? Of those three, I’d have to say a Wendy’s Frosty. Yum. Now I want one.
5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
A circus. It seems like I haven’t sat down since the first of the year, with learning my new job, closing the month and year at work, dealing with sick kids, dealing with me being sick, and dealing with my last college course to get my masters.
6. Since it’s a ‘snow day’ here, what’s your favorite song containing the word ‘white‘?
White and Nerdy by Weird Al. LOL. Seriously, all I can think of is White Wedding by Billy Idol.
7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find the hardest to leave behind?
I’d have to say the friendliness of the residents. When we first moved to our small town, I was shocked that people actually said hi and spoke to you in the grocery and out on the street. Where we lived before everyone was too busy to even acknowledge other people existed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have to turn in my thesis topic tomorrow night by 11:59 pm and I still have nothing. Guess I need to be thinking about that… it has to be accounting related. Hmmmm….
Wow, better you than me on an accounting-related thesis topic! LOL Glad you got a new vehicle, and too sweet what the twins said about their mom. 🙂
Wishing you the best of luck coming up with a thesis topic. I didn’t write a thesis when I got my Master’s. I chose to be questioned by a panel of my professors, instead. My knees were knocking, but I made it through! You will, too!
Hahaha! My husband’s life theme song is white and nerdy! Long story, but you made me think of it and laugh.
Love me a Frosty!
Good luck with that thesis idea.
The things children say…..always so special.
I hope your year gets better…sounds like you have had a tough time
Great song choice…lol
Thanks for sharing
So what did you decide for your thesis topic? LIFO vs FIFO? Which is more valuable: a debit or a credit? The History of the Widget? Inquiring accountant’s minds want to know!
I wanted to do Pareto’s principle… I am stuck with “Traditional Costing versus Activity Based Costing in Manufacturing and Service Industries.” Zzzzzzzzz.