Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 205
Happy Wednesday my friends! As you can see, I am working on a new theme for the blog. Let me know what you think and if you find anything kooky as you are looking around. (And, yes… I know I need to redo my button still!) Since it’s Wednesday, its time for Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
We used to watch it, but not anymore. If I were to audition, I would have to sing American Pie for my brother. We used to karaoke to that song and the game was if you screwed up you had to start all over again.
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” So when did you last have to ‘eat a frog‘? Or two? How’d that work out?
When I had to deal with the crap at my old job when I turned in my notice. My “friends” turned on me and treated me like crap and discussed my work ethics and skills behind my back in an effort to make themselves feel better about themselves. It was really frustrating but after talking to a wise co-worker in HR, I realized I can’t let them affect me. So, I ate the frog with salt and pepper and moved on with my life. Who needs that kind of drama?
3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you’d want to see?
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let’s exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
I like granola bars. I am a chewy granola bar girl. My favorite is chocolate chip and peanut butter. Regular granola is okay. My favorite flavor is peanut butter.
5. If only__________________________________________.
There were more hours in the day.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
7. What is one thing you’ve enjoyed about winter thus far? If it’s not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you’ve enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?
I am enjoying my new car and the heater and defrost that works. I would freeze on the way to the work in the minivan… we are talking blanket on the lap freezing. But, not anymore… I cruise in a balmy 75 degrees.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This sign was on a local business and it made me laugh.
That sign is pretty funny! When it’s cold outside, I stay inside! I’m a warm weather gal!
I’m sorry you were treated so badly…’friends’ like that you don’t need…its good you moved on.
The sign was funny. Is in the 70s here in California, and Im not used to it.. so Im just a little warm!
I once slept in a four poster bed…pure luxury..it made me feel quite regal..I didn’t get breakfast in bed tho 🙁
Loved your answers…thanks for sharing
I’m liking the new look! Wow, those folks at your old job acted like the brattiest brats in junior high. You are good to be rid of them! I’ve never heard the “eat a frog” saying but I’m going to remember that one!