Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 204
I am behind today, so let’s get right to the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. What’s your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I’m asking for a friend.
Even though you are married, don’t forget to “date” each other.
2. Before we’re too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined As Silver, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, “What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?”and “Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?”
We were at my mother-in-law and father-in-law’s and all of the family was together. We played games, ate, and watched the ball drop. I didn’t personally make preparations… I was kinda disappointed though the lights didn’t go out or nothing crazy happened.
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn’t a word. It’s the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that’s not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
4. Speaking of words, it’s that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they’d like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year’s top vote getters are- bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix).Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you’d like to add?
Hmmmm… there are so many. I would have to say “foodie” – that drives me nuts.
5. January is National Hot Tea month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
I don’t like hot or cold tea.
6. Whatever happened to________________________________?
My turquoise necklace that I made and almost immediately lost?
7. What is one book on your must-read list this winter?
The next in the Bellingwood series that is being written right now, you know… not that I stalk the author’s Facebook page or anything. Okay, maybe I do. But, I am not the only one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I broke down and got a new Honda Accord LX this weekend. Love it. But, it amazes me that people will say things… especially family members about it. Things like, “How can you afford that?” and stuff like that. I work hard for my paycheck. I pay my bills. I am working on paying down my credit cards. My previous car was unsafe. Maybe, if you got a job yourself, you’d understand the process.
So many non-tea drinkers in the Hodgepodge. That kind of surprises me. It stinks to lose a brand new piece of jewelry.