Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 202
Happy Wednesday! With sick kids and work, Christmas shopping, and everything else… I am just jumping into the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Here we go…
1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
No. I think it is kinda dumb. But, I am not sure who I would have chosen in their place.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, ‘What’s your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
Something old = my blown glass green apples that my grandparents got many years ago. When I got my first house, my grandpa gave them to me.
Something new = our new dog, Kashtin
Something borrowed = hmmmm…. not sure if anything in my house is borrowed.
Something blue = the ugly wallpaper in my living room
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what’s the path?
Not really. I am the first person who has graduated college and had a professional career.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
Pick up my Site-to-Store order at Walmart.
7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
I get some new cookie sheets. (Hint, hint).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am starting to wonder if I have done my children a disservice by not putting them in daycare to catch all the germs and bugs prior to being in Kindergarten. It seems every little thing that goes around they get because they haven’t had an immunity built up previously. Its getting rather old.
Germ season is upon us. I keep saying I have to get some Elderberry syrup to give my kids to boost their immune systems. I am the first one in the family to graduate from college too. Years ago there were many good jobs you could get right out of high school. Times have changed, for sure.
A new dog sounds fun! Hopefully it’s going well and adding some puppy love to your busy household! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
Congrats on your new dog! I have a 4 year old papillon mix. I’ve had him for 3 years now. We just got a new kitten last week!
I was surprised by your answer to #1. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and all the best the New Year has to offer.
I know. I work with several individuals that literally started here the day after high school graduation and are getting ready to retire next year.
We’ve actually have had him since last January, but this is the first Christmas with him. He was a 5 year old rescue. 🙂
I would love to get a kitten, but my husky would eat it for a snack. LOL.
I guess I looked at it that a “person of the year” should be a person, not a group. Obviously, what the doctors, nurses and volunteers do for Ebola patients is amazing and they deserve our gratitude and recognition, but when I think a person of the year… it should be an individual. 🙂