Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 201
Happy Wednesday ya’ll! I had a rather disappointing evening. Don suggested we get a new car for me to drive back and forth to work. We went to the dealership and did all the paperwork and stuff and then they wouldn’t give us enough for our trade in, which flipped us upside down and made the payment too high for our budget. I am rather bummed. But, everything happens for a reason… so, maybe there was a reason it didn’t work out. You know, like maybe my rich uncle is going to die and leave me his Rolls Royce…
Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 201
1. What is one new holiday tradition you’d like to establish, or one you’ve established recently, say in the last year or two?
We started the Elf on a Shelf thing. I had never heard of this until we saw it at Bronner’s Christmas store in Frankenmuth, Michigan. My kids love it and think its hilarious to see what antics Chippy has been up to over night.
2. It’s the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
I opened a gift from my bestie in California last night. Each year she sends the kids dried fruit because they devour it. I read a kids’ book that was about the birth of Jesus, but it wasn’t really scripture.
3. Do you think it’s better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
That’s a tough one! I used to love waking up Christmas morning (even as a teenager) and seeing what was under the tree. These days, I love waking up early to beat the kids to the tree just to see their faces. That’s the magic of Christmas.
4. It’s often said, ‘Good things come to those who wait’…agree or disagree? Why?
I do agree… you have to be patient for some things. But, in the moment (like last night at the car dealership), I get upset and bummed because I feel like I never get ahead even though I do all the right, responsible things (like pay my bills, and work)
5. What’s the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
Does a frozen apple pie count? I did make bacon sugar cookies with bacon icing… we ate them.
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question… “I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you’re in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?”
I don’t necessarily talk to them, but I will make eye contact, smile and say Hi. I think it makes people have a happier day, and perhaps they need a little pick me up in their day.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
Nice list. Because I am awesome!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I cannot believe it is almost Christmas. I am SO not ready.
I am sure there will be a better offer on a car. I bought mine after Christmas and it was discounted by $2000 because they had to make their year end and clear out the existing cars.
I’m sure the car thing will work out. In the meantime, enjoy the Christmas season!
I love Bronners. I’ve never been to their store, but order from them online, and they are so nice to deal with. Bacon sugar cookies-sounds interesting. I’m not quite ready either, but deep breaths. Christmas comes and somehow we get it all done.