Can you believe it is the 200th Wednesday Hodgepodge? If you head over to Joyce’s blog today, she is having a special giveaway for the bicentennial! Hopefully, every one is having a great week and are excited for the weekend. Well, let’s get to it, shall we?
1.What is something in your life right now that feels a little ‘hodgepodge’?
My new job. I am still trying to figure things out.
2. What does ‘peace on earth, goodwill to men’ mean to you?
Be nice to all.
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?
My sister in law’s fudge.
4. It’s that most wonderful time of the year…do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
Definitely. I love the magic of Christmas… especially seeing it through my kids’ eyes.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
Yesterday, I had to look up the word fajita because I can never remember how to spell it. It’s one of those words that doesn’t look right.
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
My mantle. I always wanted a fireplace and when we bought this house, I was so excited to finally have one. I set up most of my nativities on my mantle with “snow” and lights.
7. Share one thing you’ve learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
A kind word goes a long way. When I’ve had a horrible day, chances are someone has left a nice comment on your post and it makes me always feel better. People don’t have to comment, so when they do it is extra-special because they took the time to give me a moral boost.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The month end close sucked. Its different watching someone doing it and actually doing it by yourself. It has been years since I have actually done a full blown close, so I struggled a lot. But, now I have awesome notes and hopefully December’s close will be easier.