Hello all! Sorry I am late getting this posted! It’s Wednesday which means it is time for the fun Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you have never joined us, the Wednesday Hodgepodge, it is a fun blog party where you answer a “hodgepodge” of questions and share them with us! Just head over to Joyce’s blog and check out the details!
1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
I manage our money, but I do have a financial planner that I bounce ideas off of when I am in over my head. Money stressed me out – or the lack of money. But, we are doing Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University and I am happy to say, we have three credit cards paid off, and three more will be paid off come April! So, for the most part, we are on our way to being “weird” and debt-free!
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
Slow drivers. People with no common sense.
3. What is one thing you’d like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
How to crochet correctly. I am working on a cowl to wear with my new coat and I still, at 38, can’t hold a crochet needle correctly.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
Ehhhh. It’s always something, isn’t it?
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
I grew up reading Garfield with my Aunt Cathy, so I would have to definitely say Garfield.
6. I’m going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What’s a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was ‘like you pictured’ when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?
Gone with the Wind.
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
When I parked the van behind the concession stand at the Little League park and my brother hit a fly ball up and it broke the windshield. You can read the story – and laugh – here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A couple of weeks ago, I asked for everyone to pray for me around 2:30 EST. I am happy to report… I was at a second job interview… and I GOT THE JOB! I am transferring to a different business segment within my company. I am so super excited. I am THE accountant, which means I will be doing all the accounting – which is what I went to school for – not being siloed into a specific accounting role. I can’t wait.