It’s hump day and the weather outside is beautiful! A perfect fall day. Based on Joyce’s questions this week, it looks like Fall is the theme for the Hodgepodge! Fall is one of my favorite AND least favorite seasons. I love the football, the weather, the changing leaves, the crisp air, the pumpkins, the mums, and everything fall-related. But, I hate fall because my brother died in September – in fact, Monday was the 14th anniversary of his death. But, it’s Fall… and I am going to be happy… so, let’s go!
1. It’s fall. Y’all. My favorite season of the year! What’s something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it’s officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-‘y’all’?
Its hard to explain, but fall starts for me when I step outside and there is that crispness to the air. The crispness that you know isn’t going to go away during the day. That’s when I know fall is here. And, yes, I say y’all more than I probably should.
2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?
I was best friends all through high school and after with a certain person. We lost contact after my brother died. She was getting married and her mom tracked me down to come to the bridal shower as a surprise. Everything was great, but then when we were at the wedding its like she was embarrassed by all the crazy things we did growing up and wanted nothing to do with me. It really offended me. I have had no contact since we walked out of the wedding reception early. So, needless to say, it has not been resolved.
3. A song you love with the word ‘fall’ in it’s title?
The Boys of Fall by Kenny Chesney because it reminds me of being in the high school marching band on cool fall nights at the football games.
4. What’s something you’ve recently let ‘fall by the wayside?’
My clean eating plan.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
Hmmmm. Don and I stopped at a local antique store a couple of months ago. They had this old, table-top butter churn in the window that I really wanted to display in my kitchen. I kept seeing it in the window when I drove through the little town each week. Well, we stopped… and I know why it was sitting in the window. They wanted $250 for it! I could buy a brand spanking new one in Amish Country for half that!
6. Describe a time you said or thought, ‘The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”
I’d probably get in trouble with family if I answered this, so it is best to just let it go…
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?
I dunno. Today is just starting…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Something is happening today at 2 PM EST that I really hope goes well – I will share soon, I hope. I would love if everyone would say a little prayer or think good vibes at that time for me. I really want this to work out for me.