It’s hump day! And, my last day for the week… yeah! I came into work today and had a nice surprise on my desk from my friend Thom… two cookies and a note to have a great day… it made my morning. Since it is Wednesday, that means it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge… so, without further adieu…
1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
We will probably hang out our flag but that is about it. I am always torn about it each year, because if my brother would have still been alive he would have headed to New York to help out and then when that was done would have joined the millitary to track down those responsible. So, it is always a little bittersweet thinking about 9-11. We will be in Amish Country this year, so more than likely it will just be another day for us.
2. Do you ever/still…listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
I do sometimes listen to an actual radio… and each morning when our alarm goes off it is on a local radio station. We don’t even own a VCR, so no on that one. I look up phone numbers on the Internet. I do use a paper map when traveling, I have had issues with Google maps and GPS, so I usually refer to a paper map unless it is a close jaunt. I use an alarm clock, not my phone.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don’t know?
4. What’s a dish you haven’t eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Hmmmm. I’d have to say chili. I haven’t made it yet this month, but we are getting close with the cooler weather.
5. What’s something you know nothing about?
Come on, I know a little about everything. LOL.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what’s your favorite piece?
Classical music is okay. Not my favorite but I can listen to it for awhile – especially if the orchestra or musicians are very good. My favorite piece is Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach.
7. What’s the oldest thing you own?
I have a Hanimex SLR camera that my dad brought back from Germany when he was stationed there. It is a 1969 Praktica Super TL that works great. It was what started my love of photography.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Miss Mo has tonsillitis and came home from school yesterday with a fever. We took her to the doctor and got her some antibiotics. We leave tomorrow for vacation… keep your fingers crossed she gets better before then!