Can you believe that August is almost over? Where has the summer gone? Soon, football season will be in full swing and the leaves will be changing colors and falling! Pretty soon it will be Christmas! This is our last Hodgepodge of August, so keep reading to see this week’s answers!
1. As August draws to a close, share what’s been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
Hmmmm. I’d have to say last weekend for my birthday. Don bought me my favorite candies from Marie’s – butter creams and maple creams sans nuts, the kids bought me a tart warmer with butterflies on it, they all bought me awesome cards, they gave me a chocolate cake and took me out for a delicious lunch at my favorite Mexican place.
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you’ve loved the most? Liked the least?
I would have to say my favorite job was teaching pre-Kindergarten. I loved seeing the kids’ faces when they got a concept or learned something new. My least favorite job was making pizzas for a local pizza place… that’s probably why I only worked there a week.
3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day…your thoughts?
School started August 20th in these parts. At the school the twins go to, all the students start at 7:40 – but that is because it is out in the country and everyone has to be bused to school. All the grades go to one building. When I was in school we always started about the same time – late August close to my birthday – so, I don’t have any complaints.
4. What’s something you’ve worked at recently that could be deemed a ‘labor of love’?
A purse that I just made my friend Betsy for her birthday. It was difficult and out of my realm of sewing skills… but, I did it and I think it looked pretty good.
5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now…’A woman’s work is never done.’, ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’ ‘Many hands make light work.‘
Definitely “A Woman’s work is never done.” I think I am going to pass myself coming and going with the kids’ soccer schedule, school starting, my schooling, and work.
6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
Wait… I have to choose?! I love both. And, I have yet to find a way I don’t like to eat it! But, my crab legs I like un-shelled and my lobster in the tail. No butter for either.
7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, ‘Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.’ Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own ‘rules of work’.
Definitely “Out of clutter find simplicity.” I seem to work better when my desk is messy and I have piles everywhere. I am also not opposed to using the floor to store piles. However, my one rule of work is when it is time to go home, everything is put away and straightened up.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am out of random thoughts for this week.