Happy Wednesday! It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. I had mentioned earlier this week that Vacation Bible School is this week… I am soooooo exhausted. It’s a lot of fun, but I leave the house at 7 am and don’t pull back into my driveway until 10 pm. Makes for a long day. Last night, I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. This week’s Hodgepodge is the “summer” version… so, read on!
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?
Catching fireflies. I remember going out at dusk with my jar and the holes punched in the lid. Running around the yard trying to catch fireflies, putting them in the jar with a stick and some grass. We saw the first fireflies of the summer driving home this week, so the kids are excited to get out there and catch some.
2. What’s your favorite summer smell?
The smell of food cooking on a grill.
3. It’s beach season in the US of A…so how do you feel about sand?
If it involves a beach chair and a cold drink with an umbrella… I’m all for it.
4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes…your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?
It would have to be sun-dried tomatoes. I love chopping them up and putting them in my egg and tuna salad.
5. What’s your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?
The AC! I hate the oppressive heat in the summer. I like being outside during the morning and evenings, when its cooler. But midday… no way.
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it’s title.
Walking on the Sun by Smash Mouth
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?
I recently purchased a purse from Emilie M handbags. I kept hearing great things about them and how wonderful their purses were. I get my purse and take it out of the box and the stitching was already coming out. I decided to use it for awhile and see how it was. After about a week, the finish on the purse began peeling off. I contacted Emilie M and they sent me a prepaid label to send it back. I was told that within 10 business days I would get a refund of the entire purchase price because it was poor workmanship. Three months went by. Several phone calls where no one answered the phone. Several emails with no response. Several tweets to their Twitter account. Contacting the Better Business Bureau (who was also unable to get ahold of the company)… I finally disputed the charge with my bank and got my money back. Meanwhile, Emilie M FINALLY decided to refund my credit card for the charges LESS THE SHIPPING COSTS TO SHIP IT BACK! My bank took their provisional credit back since Emilie M decided to finally refund my money. I attempted to contact the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint, but they said the case was “closed” since they couldn’t get ahold of them. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER EMILIE M HANDBAG AGAIN. And, I highly recommend that my friends don’t either. Their customer service is a joke.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am just too darn tired to even come up with a random thought today.