Happy Wednesday! It’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time. Am I the only one who is off-kilter this week? I keep thinking its Tuesday not Wednesday. I’m all confused. Please, tell me its not just me… If you have never joined in on Wednesday Hodgepodge, its loads of fun. Just hop over to Joyce’s blog on Tuesday (that was yesterday for us confused folks), grab the questions and then answer them on your own blog. Visit Joyce on Wednesday and link up your post. Have fun!
1. What news story are you following right now?
I am not a big-news person. Right now, I know there is alot going on, but the story that caught my eye lately is Courtney Force being the 100th female win in the NHRA. That was awesome, and I was glad I was able to see history being made.
2. What’s the last thing you wanted but didn’t get?
I want these beautiful boots at The Shoe Show in town. I saw them when I was buying shoes for the kids last week. Don claims it is a “want” and not a “need” – but, dang would I look good in them.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day…when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there…when you’re invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
We had turkey burgers last week. They were pretty good. I seasoned them with some new ground chipotle peppers I bought at the virtual farmers market in town. I don’t know where my favorite place to go is… I love ’em at Red Robin, I love ’em at Fuddruckers, I love ’em at Crabill’s… I would have to say though, it would have to be at K’s near my work. I swear, they haven’t cleaned the grill since the 50’s… and that’s what makes them so darn good.
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
Once we had kids, it became less about us and everyone else and mostly them and what they needed or wanted. I always wanted the nice car, big house, American dream. But, now I would be happy to raise two healthy, happy, well adjusted kids that make a difference in the world.
5. What’s a favorite memory with your grandparents?
Hmmmm. There is so many. I would have to say when my Great-Grandma Apple nailed my dad in the middle of his forehead with a wadded up piece of wrapping paper when she was 96 during our Christmas party. (We always had a paper fight every year.)
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
Freaking 1000. I am a mom of twins. ‘Nuff said.
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
May was a pretty smooth sailing for me. Tomorrow, the kids graduate from pre-Kindergarten. So, that will both be a low and a high rolled into one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is how I spent my Saturday night: