Happy rainy Wednesday! It’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time! Read on to see what type of learner I am, what I like on my salads, and how I rank my fear of spiders. Want to join in on the fun? Hop over and visit Joyce on Tuesday nights to get the questions for the week, answer them on your blog and link up on Wednesday!
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you’re planted as we begin the month of May?
I would like to hope so.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)…besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
I have to have cheese and some sort of veggie (tomato, carrots, etc). No cucumbers though.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington), Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)?
Heck, I’d like to see all of them. I’ve never been in that direction while traveling. I would probably have to say my first choice would be Mt. Rainer though.
5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby…when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
Every. Single. Day.
6. What is something little you love?
The little Captain Jack Sparrow action figure on my desk. It reminds me not to take life too seriously. Well, that and it makes me think of Johnny Depp… and how can you have a bad day thinking about him?
7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.
Definitely kinesthetic. Its much easier for me to do something to learn it, rather than listen to someone teach or see a demonstration.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wanted to share this photo I took recently. So, I guess you could say this is my wordy Wordless Wednesday photo. You might remember a post I did awhile back about how “corporate America” came in and shut down a small movie theater in our town over a $70,000 projector. If you don’t, read the story here. Imagine my surprise a few weeks ago to see the “SOLD” sign outside the theater. Then a couple of days later, driving through town, this is what we saw:
Brings a smile to my soul. But, who is Gloria, you ask? This theater was originally owned by Warren Grimes in the 1940’s, who named it the Gloria Theater after his daughter. Check out my previous post for more history of this beautiful art deco building.
The lights are shining on Main Street once more.[php snippet=3]